Chuck close and kiki smith have revitalized the ancient art of tapestry making by turning their digital work into textiles using computerised jacquard looms now on display at the foundry vineyards in walla walla washington. Chuck close reinvented painting with his monumental portraits rendered with exquisite exacting realism from photographic sourcesplaying with ideas of scale color and form close has become famous for his rigorous gridded application of individual color squares which although abstract up close form unified read more. Chuck close work is a definitive piece that fills in any small holes about the story of this artist that might be obscured in some out of print catalog as well as talking heavily about his process
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.